Monday, August 20, 2007

"Schoooool's out fo summah! Schooool's out fo-evah!" Well, it is at this school, anyway! I pass this old schoolhouse on my way to the nearest grocery store, usually on weekends. Old building like this creep me out yet invite me in, all at the same time. Judging from the vine all over the front door, nobody's been poking around in here for a long while. I'd love to, but sure wouldn't want to get caught, and this is right by the road (I'm taking these from the truck.)

This shed's creepy, too....you suppose kids were brought out here to be spanked?
What have we here? A "student" lingers near the swingset....waiting for a playmate?Just one more shot, slightly closer...then I figured I'd better go before I disturb baby too much. No sign of momma...guess she figured baby was safe at school!

8 comments:

chuck b. said...

Get caught doing what? Can you get in trouble for entering an abandoned building? What is the world coming to.

lisa said...

I guess I just figure that since I don't own the property, then I don't belong there. I'm told there's supposed to be a "summer home" of Al Capone's up here somewhere...now THAT I want to see "up close" sometime! ;-)

Jane O' said...

There's nothing creepy about these old schools to me. We are trying to save the last remaining one-room school in our township. They are being preserved all over the country. Sometimes being used as a "working museum" with real one-day classrooms. It gives the kids a chance to see what life used to be like and how easy they have it now. I always hate to see us lose any of our history.

lisa said...

They have managed to do that up here once in awhile, but many look like this, unfortunately.

Annie in Austin said...

Lisa, make sure you have your cellphone, your camera and a notepad & pen in your hand. If anyone wants to know what you're doing just tell the truth - you are a reporter!


Annie at the Transplantable Rose

lisa said...

Thank you Annie! All the news that's fit to print!

EAL said...

I love abandoned old buildings. I ran across a great one--a long-abandoned turburcular (sp?) sanitorium--on a Sunday drive. It was amazing!

http://www.spreeblog.com/?p=57

The links IN the post have more and better images. I have been kicked out of a number of places--it's not a big deal.

lisa said...

That link was cool....what beautiful old buildings! Too bed they cannot still be used for something, maybe a resort of some kind. You are brave, maybe I'm just scared to be yelled at....silly, I know. But if I get out to that old Capone place, I'll take pics and blog it for sure!