Monday, April 16, 2007

They're here.....first shipment of new plants was awaiting me at the post office Saturday...kinda early yet, but I'll work around it. (Hey, at least nearly all of my snow is gone.)I like this little message....like I don't already see plants as animate organisms-now they want to be released from the box! I swear I heard them, too....;)Well the 'ice plant collection' looks pretty good... ...this is Musa basjoo-hardy banana-very nice sized! He'll stay indoors awhile for sure...allegedly hardy to zone 5, I'm zone 4, but if I plant him next to the house facing south....

...the only puny plant was this golden hakone grass; 3" pot for $14.99!! I had a credit with these people, Spring Hill, otherwise I don't usually order anything from them unless it's "bareroot", in the past I've had best results with plants shipped that way. Overall though, I cannot say I'm too unhappy with this shipment. There was more....see next post....


3 comments:

chuck b. said...

If you want succulents and iceplant, you do not need to buy succulents and iceplant. I will give you succulents and iceplant. I have succulents and iceplant coming out of my ears.

lisa said...

Really? That would be WAY cool...I'll let you know after I see how this goes. BTW, let me know if there's anything I have that you may like a sample of...cutting, seeds, whatever!

chuck b. said...

Seriously, you'd be doing me a favor by letting me give you succulents. It would assuage a lot of guilt I have about composting them. Succulents multiply like tribbles in my garden.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to tell you many of their names. For some reason, I just can't get serious about learning the names of succulents. (Note to self: It's because I don't have a book on succulents. If I had a succulents book, I would read it.)