Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Water garden startup....first, we start with last year's mud, and the bricks to put shallow-water plants atop. Put the cork in the drain... ...fill em' up! Hoping there are no leaks, of course!Now to scoop out debris...sure wish this was a swimming pool I'm skimming...*sigh*...
...now to add "chemicals" to our "pool"...barley extract to keep the water clear (enzymes or something-last year I used little bales of barley, but they have to decompose to work, this is faster)...

...and some mosquito repellent. These packets are like the mosquito "dunks" (floating doughnuts), but smaller and dissolve quicker. (After all, I'm in a hurry!) Actually, I decided to use more subtle products since I have less surface area to work with. So now we let it settle in, and will add plants this weekend!

No comments: