Sunday, February 04, 2007




Here's a cool-down from my previous post! ;)

The mallard don't lie-that's almost

-10 degrees folks...not including the wind, which is gusting to at least 25 mph! Even the heater built into the birdbath can hardly keep up...and my own pipes were frozen this morning! I had to go outside, open the crawlspace door, and turn up the heater as high as it would go! The water was back on in a couple minutes, so I'm hopeful that the pipes weren't frozen solid and damaged. (I'd even left a trickle of water going all night-it's just that cold!) That's January for ya'...I wished for winter, and here it sure is! Glad my awesome Indianapolis Colts aren't playing the Superbowl up here! Well, it's time to make chili and watch the game...go Colts!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been hovering around -40F here for a few days now..

Anonymous said...

My teeth are chattering just looking at the mallard. brrrr....

lisa said...

The thing that concerns me is the days and days of cold like this...with only minimal snow cover, I wonder how many plants I'll wind up losing...:( It's sort of exciting in the springtime to tally up the survivors, though...and even more fun to shop for replacements!

Anonymous said...

I hope my bplants live of course.

But another few days of this and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll live.

Unknown said...

I had the same problem... I left the upstairs sink trickle overnight on Friday and by Saturday morning the pipes were frozen anyway! I have since left both the sink and the bathtub trickling, and that seems to be working. However, my water bill is going to SUCK this month. I will definitely have to rip out a few walls and add some insulation next fall.

lisa said...

I can relate, Clerk...it's just too cold for too long!

Same for me, Kim...I see more insulation in my future, too!