Friday, December 08, 2006


New project-bonsai! I have always wanted to try this, and for some reason, I have extra "garden envy/frustration" left over this season...so here goes! I bought this kit for what I consider way too much (about $100 bucks-don't drink and surf the web!)...and the pot was broken! I called the guy, and he agreed to send a new pot, but informed me I bought an "outdoor specimen" (dwarf alberta spruce), and instructed me to put the tree outside! So much for a winter project! But that's what I get for not doing my homework first, and allowing impulse to rule (or alcohol...whatever...) So after more research/alcohol...and Ebay...more plants and supplies are coming! More info later....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure do love your projects... and I sure get a bang out of reading about them.

Can't wait to watch this one.

H

Unknown said...

A friend of mine and I were just wondering... do you think it's genetic for all of us Midwestern girls to be tinkerers? (Putterers, putzers, whatever you want to call it.)

lisa said...

Thanks County Clerk! I'm planning some updates on my other running projects, too. Kim-I'm not sure if it's being Midwestern or what, but my sister is the same way...she always has some hobby or project going, usually several at once. For me, I think it's an excuse to avoid drudgery tasks, like housework! ;)

Unknown said...

An excuse to avoid drudgery, eh? I could resemble that remark, myself! lol.

EAL said...

Bonsai, now there's as nice expensive project worth failing at! I need to look into it.

lisa said...

Expensive, yes...I plan to have a learning curve, but hopefully a smattering of sucesses in with my boo-boos. I must say that it's one of my more enjoyable "cash siphons"! ;)