Saturday, December 30, 2006



My koi figurine came in, so little by little I'm getting my new bonsai set up somewhat. (Mostly temporarily until spring, when re-potting and pruning can take place.) The koi is really quite adorable and well painted...I got it online at www.toygarden.com, they had an extensive collection, and it was very reasonably priced. Now I just need some rocks to add to the humidity tray, and this serissa can just hang out for the rest of the winter. Then in the spring, I can repot it and get more creative...perhaps try persuading it to a root-over-rock style. The more I read about and consider traditional bonsai "rules", the more I want to regard it all as "suggestions" and veer off into my own set of style and culture parameters...this could get messy....;)

No comments: