Saturday, August 26, 2006




Rainy today, which is a very good thing....but when it's not, I've been very excited about all the wildflowers along the road lately-this is a beauty I found a couple weeks ago. It's called Fireweed, growing about 5 feet tall. These were very lovely, a large group en masse. I collected some seed, but they are very tiny and attached to fluff like milkweed seeds. I just hope I can get them to plant where I want, and not blow around (there's that "control" thing again...ha). I tell you, it's all I can do do keep focused on any destination without pulling over to admire, photograph and try and identify something. Just when many folks feel a sense of loss for their cultivated gardens "winding down" for the season, I catch the "fever" for these wild things!

No comments: